Projects Isai Ragam
Isai Ragam means ‘Melody of Music’. On this page we inform you about the activities that Isai Ragam does in after-school care.
Why this unit?
In the villages around Auroville there is a serious problem with the use of alcohol by the male population, mostly due to poverty. Because of this problem some children lose their father when they are still young and don’t get the attention they need.
Our aim is to provide a safe place where children can (if they like) make their homework and do other activities that develop their skills and give them a better opportunity to find a job later, or have easier access and are better prepared for a college study. By being in close contact with the children we hope to lighten a little bit the burdens of their young lives.
Sri Aurobindo emphasized that education should be in accordance with the needs of modern life. In other words, education should create dynamic citizens so that they are able to meet the needs of modern complex life. He also mentioned that physical development is one of the chief aims of education.
- Computer classes (typing, word, powerpoint, excel, photoshop etc..)
- Mathematics classes
- English conversation classes
- Bharatanatyam (classical) and folkdance classes (girls)
- Street dance classes (boys)
- Music classes (guitar and keyboard/piano)
- Mridangam classes (Indian instrument)
- Supporting some higher studies for youth
- Support school homework classes
- Workshop handicraft etc
- In holiday summer time we organise a tour